The League wishes to appoint a Media Secretary (voluntary role). Anyone interested should please make application by email along with a covering letter outlining relevant experience to the League Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline is Monday 14 August 2017
Role Specification for
League Media Officer
Purpose of Job
To ensure that all Combined Counties League activities are well represented within the Press, locally & nationally, by effectively promoting the Combined Counties League and its member clubs using appropriate forms of Media focussing upon modern electronic systems.
To raise the media profile of the Combined Counties League generally within the area in which the league operates and nationally where appropriate.
Dimensions of Job
• To advertise all Combined Counties League events with the Media/Press including, but not limited to, football web based publications, electronic football media and radio stations.
• To ensure that Fixtures and Results are published regularly to appropriate Media sources
• Ensure mechanisms are in place to allow Combined Counties League activities to be promoted or communicated immediately they take place
• Support and assist all elected officers of the competition
• To sit on any sub committees of the board, as appropriate
• To initiate personal contact with all Officers and Club Secretaries and to be generally contactable by all Officers and Club Secretaries.
• To represent the organisation at appropriate functions and act as a spokesperson as appropriate
• To promote the Combined Counties League within the Media
• To raise the media profile of the Combined Counties League within the areas covered by the competition
• Self motivation
• Delivering results
• Experience of committee work
• Tact and diplomacy
• Good ‘people’ skills