Director of Referees & Match Officials. Technical direction and support provided by the FA Supply League Observer Support Officers
• Co-ordinate the CCFL Observer Scheme
• Quality control of observations undertaken for the CCFL Observer Scheme
• Contribute to wider development of match officials across the League
• Act as the main point of contact for observers and referees on the administration of the Observer scheme within the CCFL.
• Work with the CCFL Director of Referees & Match Officials, the League Match Officials Sub Committee and FA Support Officers to deliver the Observer Scheme. Collaborate with County FAs to promote and develop enthusiasm for the observer role.
• Appoint observers to matches in the CCFL, ensuring a balanced distribution across Level 4 officials and making effective use of the annual budget.
• Communicate and liaise with the FA on observer matters and disseminate information and guidance as required. Maintain appropriate records and provide statistics as required.
• Review all observation reports and ensure quality standards are maintained. Provide feedback to the observers,
• Identify any trends from the observation reports and feed these back to the L4 Referees either individually and/or via workshops. Contribute to wider development of match officials
• Maintain respectful relations with match officials, managing concerns and appeals within the documented processes. Ensure any conflicts of interest are identified, and any irregularities reported.
• Recruit and oversee induction and training of new supply league observers both for 2020/21 and in readiness for the additional marking division in 2021/22.
• Contribute to the operation and wider development of the Competition, sitting on any sub committees of the League as appropriate.
• Provide monthly written reports on activities relating to Observer review and referee development to the Match Officials Sub Committee.
Required Skills and Experiences
• Ability to develop and maintain relationships with external partner organisations.
• Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative both independently and as part of a team.
• Discrete and able to maintain confidentiality
• Experience of report writing, ability to use email and Microsoft Office including Word and Excel.
• Committed to, and an understanding of, inclusion, equality and diversity and safeguarding and practice in sport.
• Credible experience as a match official at supply league or above
• Experience as an observer at Supply League Level
This a voluntary role. Reasonable expenses will be paid.